DW 9000 Series Hi-Hats utilize a patented Double Eccentric Cam(shown left) that increases the sensitivity of the footboard in relation to cymbal movement, resulting in a unique, incredibly fast and responsive feel. (U.S. Patent No. 5266733)
The Infinitely Adjustable Locking Spring Tension feature (also shown left) allows for precise adjustment to offset the weight of the top cymbal, creating a customized feel. (Infinite Adjusting Spring Tension on 9500 and 9502LB)
- The Lateral Cymbal Seatis a first in hi-hat design, allowing instant access for adjusting the bottom cymbal angle; a small detail that makes a big difference. (U.S. Patent No. 6570075B1)
- The uni-body Folding Footboard stays attached to the base casting when secured in the folded position. (U.S. Patent No. 5105706)
- The high-tech Ball Bearing Hinge provides smooth, quick action. (U.S. Patent No. 5431081)
- The SM379 Locking Clutch comes standard and allows you to dial in closed "sloshyness" and lock it so it doesn't come loose.
- Upper Rods come standard in two lengths (21" and 15"), allowing you to customize the Hi-Hat Stand for your specific needs.
- Plastic Tube Insulatorsinside the heavy gauge tubing are a necessity in recording situations to avoid rattling when drum mics are placed close to stands.
- Swivel Legs allow easy positioning of bass drum pedals and other stands around the Hi-Hat Stand