New to the Magellan series of cabinets is this ultra-compact, light-weight, vertically designed MG-12T-V cabinet. One of the smallest 1 x 12″ cabinet designs on the market, this 24 lb cabinet is constructed from 12mm and 15mm lite plywood materials, delivering powerful, full-body response with a modern, yet classic styling. The vertical design helps to keep the dispersion of the cabinet “off the floor” and providing a taller projection pattern. The cabinet is wrapped in a heavy-duty black textured vinyl with a complimentary woven wire, silver and black grille cloth with silver metallic piping and a comfortable edge-mounted bar handle is provided at the top and back of the cabinet. Mounting bolts on the top panel are provided to accept the MG-350-CRADLE for attaching the MG-350 amp to make this info a compact, high-output bass combo.
The distinctive front triangular ports provide an optimum porting design as well as structural strength in the corners of the cabinet. All of this sets this Magellan cabinet apart from standard black boxes and defines this model as the pinnacle of professional bass amplification equipment.
The Magellan series cabinets share a heritage to many previous Jeff Genzler designs. These light-weight cabinet designs constructed from 12mm and 15mm lite plywood deliver powerful, full-body response with a modern, yet classic styling.
The MG-12T-V is an extremely compact design, but produces exceptional depth and clarity for its size and weight. It features a traditional combination of a single 12” high performance neodymium woofer and a compact ultra-smooth compression tweeter. Although small in size, the low frequencies are strong and solid, easily handling the depth and extension of the low B fundamentals of the 5 string bass instrument. This is blended with an articulate and responsive midrange voice and smooth, natural top end.
- Carton Dimensions: 23″H x 23″W x 20″D
- Shipping Weight: 30 Lbs
- One — premium Faital® neodymium 12″ cast frame loudspeaker utilizing a unique dual-wound voice coil design for increased power handling and efficiency.
- One — proprietary compact 1′ bullet tweeter with Ferro Fluid infusion in the voice coil gap for higher power rating and smoother high frequency response.
Input Panel/Crossover Network:
- Custom designed 12dB/octave slope with 100W L-Pad level control.
- One — Speakon® NL-2 connector and two – ¼” sealed jacks; to reduce rear cabinet air loss and noise.
- Heavy-duty textured black vinyl.
- Metal chrome corners.
- Comfortable, top/rear mounted, edge-lift bar handle
- Black and silver woven wire grille cloth with metallic silver piping.
- Large rubber feet.