The new Hyperamp HA1510 REV MK II offers a lot of nw features for the harmonica players. These make the new Hyperamp one of the most versatile harmonica-amplifiers. We will show up a prototype at this year's festival >Mundharmonika-Live in Klingenthal/Germany. It will be available by the end of this year.
For the second version (Mark II) we changed important technical details according to suggestions of many Hyperamp MK I users:
1) The Gain/Volume controls now allow to produce the beloved warm and beefy Chicago sound already at lower volumes – low or high-impedance microphones can be used and the “crunch“ can be adjusted individually.
2) The new AUX-IN input on the front panel can be connected to any mp3-player or other sound sources. So it is easily possible to play along to your famous tracks without additional Hifi-equipment.
3) A built-in stand/pedestal at the bottom-front can be used to angle up the amp: therefore the player can hear his playing better and the overall sound projection is largely improved.
4) The built-in spring reverb is tube-driven as well resulting in an authentic vintage style reverb for the authentic Chicago Blues sound.
5) Line-Out or additional external speaker? Both is possible – so the new Hyperamp MK II can be used on any stage no matter how small or large it is.
6) Combined INPUT: Guitar jack or XLR: All kinds of mirophones (high- or low-impedance) can be connected to the Hyperamp!
Many amps originally are built for electric guitar or bass - But the Hyperamp is is designed from the ground up specifically for the needs of the harps player! That is why the special harmonica sound is created, that once helped the too faint sounding harmonica to become "the mother of the band" (Otis Spann, piano player of the Muddy Waters Band).
This impressive sound thrills players as well as the audience this very day and many players are looking for their sound - with the adaptability for different kind of microphones and the built in tube-spring reverb the Hyperamp is a universal genius for the harmonica player - so to say the "swiss-knife" among the tube amps.
It follows all nuances which are produced by the player's harp and microphone and therefore is the ideal elongation of the "sound chain".
The Hyperamp HA1510REV is a hand-wired classA-amplifier and produces 15 (Tube-) watts. It is equipped with a special designed 10' Jensen speaker. This is sufficient for smaller stages or for playing in a session. For larger stages it is provided with a DI-output (with transformer) so that it can be connected directly to the mixer.
With its two inputs (high or low ohmic- XLR or 6.3mm socket) one can apply nearly every microphone - the 3-band tone controle works in a very effective way and helps to optimize the sound.
Technical data - Hyperamp HA 1510 REV MK II
Output: 15VA an 4 / 8 Ohm (switchable) *
Speaker: 10'' Jensen P10R 8 Ohm -SPECIAL DESIGN-Alnico
Power amplifier: Class A (2 x EL84)
Level indicator: EM84 (magic eye), at the front
Input (combined): Guitar socket 6,3 mm (mono), -10 dBu at 1 MOhm or XLR-socket, -30 dBu at 200 Ohm
Effects: parallel, with Level-(Reverb-) control **
DI-output: XLR with transformer (magnetically shielded)
Sound control: three-band
Controls at the front: INPUT (combined), BASS, MIDDLE, TREBLE, VOLUME, AUX-IN (cable not provided), EFFECT/REVERB**, Standby-switch, operation light, line-switch
Controls at the back: Electric supply with fuse and spare fuse (110V/60Hz or 2201V/50Hz AC), sockets EFF RET and EFF SEND, XLR-socket DI OUT, socket for ext. speaker EXTERN, socket for int. speaker INTERN, Impedance switch 4 / 8 Ohm
Tube assembly: 1 x EZ81, 2 x EL84, 2 x ECC81, 2 x ECC83, 1 x EM84
Spring reverb: Accutronics, 3 springs
Dimensions (in mm): 484 x 480 x 260 mm - 19 x 18.9 x 10.2 inch
Weight: 14,5 kg - 32 lbs